Atlanta Uber and Lyft driving is one of the most profitable rideshare areas in the United States. We are going to provide you with a comprehensive guide to making the most from Atlanta driving. Here is what we will cover in this blog post:
- the best hours for Uber Driving in Atlanta
- the hotspot areas for Lyft and Uber Driving in the city
- how much Uber and Lyft pay drivers in Atlanta
At Rapidgo Driver, it is our goal to make you extremely successful as a driver. We want you to maximize your time and pay so that you receive the most amount of earnings possible.
But without further adieu, here are three tips for making more money driving in Atlanta.
Atlanta Uber and Lyft: Best Hours
The most important Uber secret you need to know is that most of the Atlanta Uber traffic goes through the Atlanta airport. The busiest airport time is Monday morning from 4:30 a.m. – 10 a.m which will require you to wake at an extremely early time. Make sure you get a good night of sleep if you plan on making this trip.
Thursday nights after 7 p.m. are also extremely profitable. Again we recommend you plan these trips near or around the airport, as you will get the most requests in these areas.
Other good hotspots are West Midtown, Cheshire Bridge, and Edgewood. These spots often have surge pricing during the late-night hours, around 1-3 a.m.
Friday and Saturday nights are also extremely busy. Check out the areas north of I-20 during the weekend nights for maximum ride earnings.
Uber and Lyft Driving: Expected Pay in Atlanta
Everyone wants to know how much they are going to make from rideshare driving. One thing is for sure, driving in Atlanta can be very profitable for smart, educated, and safe drivers. Feel free to check out some of our other safety tips on our website.
Indeed lists both Lyft and Uber driver salaries on their website for the city of Atlanta. The pay for Uber is right above 15$ and hour, while Lyft drivers take home about 18$ per hour.
Overall it’s a very profitable area. We want to cover a few secrets and tips that will help you make more money than the competition. If you work hard and use the most efficient routes, you might be able to make even more than the above-posted earnings.
Atlanta Driving Secrets
Here are some of the top tips for driving in Atlanta.
Frequent these areas at night:
- Big Sky Buckhead
- Dark Horse Tavern
- RiRa Irish Pub
- The Ivy
Frequent these areas in the morning:
- Emory University
- Georgia Tech
- Lenox Mall
- Perimeter Mall
- Westin Peachtree Plaza
Follow these simple driving rules:
- Get out of the right lane!
- Often, the right lane will quickly end, or turn into a turn-only lane. You don’t want to get stuck and be at the mercy of the other drivers. We would recommend that you always stay on the far left, or middle lane depending on traffic.
- Prepare for traffic!
- Rush hour in Atlanta remains one of the craziest traffic areas in the US. Don’t spend hours waiting on busy roads. Plan and prioritize your schedule out. Know what road you will be on, and when you will be on it.
- Know all the backroads.
- There will be times that traffic is stopped because of an accident. You might be traveling on a road during an optimal time, but an accident or other emergency stops traffic. Be prepared to take detours, and know your route extremely well. The Waze app can also be extremely helpful in navigating congested roads.